Saturday 19 May 2018

Navigating the new Disney FP+ system - NOT a tutorial.

I'M LOST!
I don't know what I'm doing.  There, I said it.  It's Disney, it's WDW and I'm lost.  I am SO looking forward to planning being over now so that I can relax.  And yet, and yet...  Planning is kind of fun and adventurous, right?  But it's a bit like having a baby; everyone will love it, but you know that ultimately it's your responsibility to plan for it, and plan in detail to get it right.  You don't want people too tired to appreciate it, and you want to capture memories that wont come again.  You want everything to be perfect right from the start and it's ALL DOWN TO YOU.

So, the Fast Pass Plus system huh?  That's new.
When we went to Disney before we had our Key to the World cards, and would use these to gain fast passes in the parks.  The fast passes meant that if we came back in the allotted time, we could pretty much walk on to a ride without need to queue.  This system has become known as the Legacy FP, and sadly, is no more with us.
Now we have Magic Bands:

And they do lots of things, one of them being that they store your fast pass + selections.  Yes, selections - these days you can (and indeed it is recommended) book your fast passes in advance.  60 days before you even set foot in a Disney Park you should not only have planned where you will eat and which park you will be in, but also what you will see and do while there.


Cut to the future - FAR in the future.  Well, it's been over four years since I looked at this blog.  I want to post something new but I can't without hitting send on this draft.
The Magic Bands were AMAZING.  Oh wow, to control so much from my wrist!  And it's only got better since then, with more options to book from the app on your phone.  I remember getting home and wanting to pay for shopping with my Magic Band at the Asda checkout.  I didn't want to take it off for days, it was too special!  And yes they did open a new background on Disney Infinity, which was fun.
The band could be shrunk down to even (then) tiny Robin's size.  We still have them floating around, I keep meaning to make a memory shadow box, but you see how long it took just for me to finish this, what chance do I have...?






No comments:

Post a Comment